Reducing the Software Value Gap
Research shows at least 50% of IT developers’ time is wasted due to the following reasons:
- Rework due to incomplete or poorly defined needs and requirements (“incomplete kit”);
- Rework due to frequent changes in requirements and scope up to the final delivery stages; most such changes are not “must have” but only “nice to have”;
- Software solutions developed and delivered but eventually not used (happens all too often);
- Over-specification of requirements to include functionality and features seldom or never applied; and
- Having too many activities assigned to individual developers, leading to wasteful context switching among activities (bad multitasking).